Trying to add funds to my ISA

When submit a transfer request and I click through to the bank, the transfer gets rejected and Iā€™m bounced back to the app.

Iā€™m following all the correct procedures with the bank security card reader.

What bank is it, if you donā€™t mind saying?

NatWest

Ahh, thanks for mentioning. Maybe some other NatWest users can chime in.

I think it might be possible to do a manual transfer too using the reference number, but I havenā€™t seen much about this / attempted it myself.

If youā€™ve managed to do a transfer from NatWest before then you could just send it again from within the NatWest app, although I donā€™t know if NatWest will have any limit on transfers (i.e. will you need the card reader to do this).

Iā€™ve been using NatWest just fine, albeit for my GIA, not tried to topup my ISA yet so donā€™t know if that would make a difference. It just opens the NatWest app, I stick my thumb on to unlock it, then it says transferring back to ā€œSomething I donā€™t remember, what but itā€™s the payment service they useā€ , then it switches back to Freetrade and says all good.

Thanks - Iā€™ve just done the transfer from NatWest using the payee I already had setup.

When I tried in-app, I got that ā€˜bounceā€™ to a payment service but it failed every time.

Do you know how long the funds take to appear in the FreeTrade account?

2-4 business hours (although itā€™s often much swifter in my experience).

I think itā€™s called ā€˜ā€˜Freelayerā€™ā€™ā€¦Iā€™m with NatWest and noticed it the other day when i topped up funds to FTā€¦I had to sign in to the NatWest app to get it to workā€¦Confused the crap out of me as i didnā€™t have to do it the top up before thatā€¦Must be a new system they use.

Yes, Freelayer, that was it. Itā€™s operated that way for me ever since I signed up 2 - 3 weeks back.

Oh okā€¦I joined up and topped up to FT on the 1st Feb and donā€™t remember my Natwest app having to open at allā€¦Let alone see anything called Freelayer pop upā€¦Very oddā€¦To be fair (and this will probably get me booted) iā€™m only waiting until T212 re-open and iā€™ll be using their free ISAā€¦Iā€™ll use FT as back up for much smaller trades.

If they start accepting new customers before the end of the month I might look at that myself for my long term plans

1 Like

Read the terms and conditions.
How will your stocks be held?
How sustainable is their business?
All important questions to ask yourself if you are thinking long term