Can’t start a live chat on the app?

I can’t start a live chat on the app. When I select “chat with us” it just shows me all the latest messages about recent changes which I can’t delete or close or reply to. Deleting and reinstalling the app changed nothing.

Anyone know the solution?

1 Like

I believe there’s a post from freetrade around that said they were reducing the ability for new weekend support requests so they can catch up on the backlog

What’s the request? Maybe a forum member can help with a query?

I completely understand if they can’t get to my question right away but I can’t see anything about a restriction in starting new support requests, and it seems to be more of a bug where the recent announcements sent through the app are acting like my chats but I can’t close or remove them to start a new chat. I’m not sure if you’re right or wrong, Eden, but I appreciate the reply.

Also thanks to you, Wulfy, but the question i have is about my account and would rather ask staff directly. It’s not got anything to do with certain companies and issues surrounding them, at least!

1 Like

Completely understand. Maybe an uninstall and reinstall of the app if you think it looks to be a bug?

I hate saying that, it’s like ringing up IT at work and them asking if you’ve turned it off and on again :joy:

1 Like

Haha yeah, but it is a reasonable suggestion. Unfortunately I’ve already tried that twice and once more for luck just now… no change.

Can you confirm on your own app whether or not you have the option to start a new chat?

As a temporary measure, we’ll be limiting access to the customer support team over the weekend to give us an opportunity to catch up with responses.

I also don’t have an option to start a new chat btw

2 Likes

Ah, that settles it then. Thank you both very much. Really appreciated.

1 Like

It’s not normally like this :smile: January seems to have been a crazy month

1 Like

Hi :wave:

The in-app chat will be available again ready for market open on Monday. In the meantime, please contact support via hello@freetrade.io.

Please note that we’re working through a very large backlog and our response times are severely extended at this time.

3 Likes

Hi Meghan,
I still don’t have access to an in app chat feature, it looks like a chat which asks me to select my query. Then whichever I select, I am directed to email hellp@freetrade.io Is this still how you expect the chat feature to work or do I have a bug in my app? I’ve tried reinstalling a few times.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Meghan,

Do you have an update on the status of the in-app chat?

Just tried to use it and it would not open. Instead I recieved an automated response asking to email instead.

Thanks

Hi Abed,

Any luck in resolving this?

When Customer Support are especially busy then in-app chat is only turned on for Plus users.

Hi Ken,
No luck on my end I’m afraid. I still get the same result as you it looks - I’m directed to email hello@freetrade.

I see another response that says it’s made available to plus users only during busy periods. I can understand it being a perk for paid users, would just be helpful to have that clearly messages from Freetrade. Otherwise non-Plus users end up trying to start what they think is a chat only to end up having to email instead - would save some time.

I’m curious if any plus users currently have access to in app chat. Almost tempted to re-subscribe and check!

1 Like

Can’t answer for yesterday, I expect meme mania made it busier than usual.

How come I buy share from MELI STOCK PRICE 1.480 when I buy freetrade sold me from 1.550 always that do that why I keep losing money :rage:

Hi @BilalAday

Couple of points -

If you’re looking for UK stocks the price is delayed by 15 minutest

This is the order execution policy Order Execution policy and worth reading up on

It’s also worth familiarising yourself with the bid and ask spread and how this can affect smaller stocks

You pay 0.45% fee for exchanging pounds into dollar before buying.
And the points that NeilB mentioned :+1:

1 Like

I’m not complaining about fee stock price yahoo showing for exp saym time difference price freetrade price always low when you buy or sale I’m losing so much money they can check my account you know I mean they charge crazy price to me