Introducing annual subscriptions and pricing changes

Of the items listed Iā€™d say just under 20 are either new features or improvements to existing features

I donā€™t know why people are saying theyā€™ve done nothing

4 Likes

A quicky just checked 3 trusts I want to buy. Available on t212 not available on freetrade plus :rofl:

Please link to your request threads for these three trusts so we can vote for them and give them some attention. What ones are they?

But keep in mind that some stocks you want arenā€™t in the app is not equivalent to there being no new stocks or features in the app.

2 Likes

Urmm not sure they are meaningful improvements to the vast majority.
How about the more important like canceling investments you could invest in before and having much less shares in the first place. Dire

See above

Youā€™re moving the goalposts.

Your claim

worsening product which has not progressed AT ALL in the 3/4 years Iā€™ve used it.

This is simply factually untrue as Iā€™ve pointed out. Moving the goalposts doesnā€™t change what you said. And thatā€™s all I was addressing in my replies

1 Like

Guys, itā€™s not a charity.

ANYONE can still invest for FREE with a Basic account in UK stocks.

This is amazing compared to what was the case a few years ago and FT should be applauded for making investing possible for all.

This doesnā€™t mean FT should/can make every single service free of charge.

The business needs to be self sufficient and profitable - and this is clearly a route to achieve that.

13 Likes

As Iā€™ve said numerous times above, why would I subscribe to something that I donā€™t see the value in. Iā€™ll just move my account.

This is a carrot and stick situation and if they choose to use the stick and starve the basic account of any benefit at all, then so be it.

I suppose I could elaborate on why I see the plus membership as good value which also supports Freetradeā€™s methodology:

The free account does not offer tax reporting and so it was my concern around my investments one day growing to a point where I would have to trawl through my activity feed in order to do my tax return. Having a tax wrapper, the ISA just made sense. No longer would I need to worry, as so many others are - although for others I do recognise that they may use a GIA having maxed their ISAs, and so FT may be missing a trick here. Maybe FT could add tax reporting in the GIA for Plus members, adding more value?

I have never been a great saver until I joined FT and actually I want to give back a little as they have done me a huge favour. Reciprocity is important between business and customer and actually, I value investing more because I am paying for it. I certainly do not envy people waiting days for a response from support about money matters - and so my plus membership is worth itā€™s weight in gold when something goes wrong with mine and I get a very fast response!

I see so much anger and fear in the community, mainly from those without a fast communication method with support. It is worth paying for, trust me! Last time I contacted support I received a response to my enquiry in 1 minute and a solution after their investigation in 14 minutes. As many people correctly point out, you get what you pay for.

5 Likes

Whereā€™s a moderator like @NeilB or @bitflip when you need them? :thinking: :grin:

7 Likes

Pollen street
Riverstone Credit Opportunities
RM Infrastructure Income
Biopharma credit (no it isnā€™t before you say otherwise!)
all on t212
Note these were first 4 in my list.

Thereā€™s lot of speculation going on as to the reason of the price increase (unless paid in full). Some are scary, some bit reassuring.

It maybe that company is under no obligation to give reason for the increase to their customers.

However, I believe itā€™s good customer relation to give ā€œsomethingā€.

May I kindly suggest (as you are the head of comm), if possible using something like this as template in the future.

These changes are being made due to increased running costs and further investment in the network. They will allow us to continue to offer resilient, totally unlimited usage as standard. That investment also means we can bring faster speeds to customers, including full fibre, to help meet increasing data demands.

Personally, I believe most of the worry stem not from the increase in the price but not knowing or guessing the reason for the increase. These reason as said above can at times play worst case scenarios in your mind.

Itā€™s one thing to hold your nerve about the future prospect of your investment vs that of your broker.

7 Likes

Because there is value. You are just being obtuse and failing to see it.

The forex fee is 0.39% on Plus. Thatā€™s the value. Thatā€™s why you would subscribe.

You know full well your fees wouldnā€™t increase 120% if you switched.

Yes Iā€™d much rather have access to Belgian or Austrian stocks than decent customer service and tax reporting.

1 Like

Come now you are going a little over the top.
T212 does make a profit (They told me I am taking there word for it.

Except that no one is asking for getting everything for free. Only people who mention it are people like you who completely misinterpret what people are complaining about. You are coming to wrong conclusions based on wrong assumptions.

2 Likes

You are asking it to be subsidised then. Maybe not free, but you are expecting FT to lose money to provide a service to you.

Again, you are making some weird assumptions about what people are asking for/expecting from FT rather than just literally read what they say. Then you are taking your assumptions to the extreme, and deriving wrong conclusions from it.

1 Like

They do need to be self sufficient but clearly you are not grasping the obvious. They going backwards with the shares they offer and they werenā€™t that good to begin with.

Please donā€™t paraphrase my comments and twist them. Not sure I appreciate the passive aggressive last paragraph either.

1 Like